Monday, July 16, 2012

Baking Basics


I am starting this blog in order to share my experiences with baking. I would have to say that I enjoy baking more than I enjoy cooking. I am hoping to share both my successes and my failures along the way and believe me there are both.
So here are some basics that I have learned……
First of all the primary device that you will use as a baker is your oven so you need to know if it is working properly. This means testing to make sure that it is at the correct temperature. I learned this the hard way, for some reason anything I every put in the oven just wouldn’t bake right and it wasn’t until I spent a long time struggling with a very simple partially baked crust for a tart that took almost twice as long as it should and then it dawned on me…maybe I should check the oven to make sure it was at the correct temperature, and it turns out that my oven is off by over 50 degrees. So don't make the same mistake I made, always check to make sure that your oven is at the temperature that it say it is it will save you a big headache.

5 comments:

  1. Jenna,

    I need all the help I can get. I am a disaster at baking. I baked a pumpkin pie and forgot to put in the sugar because I was on the phone. Friends don't let friends bake and talk on the phone. Can't wait to see some photos of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking is something I've been thinking to try but never tried. So I hope I can learn baking from your blog! I love cup cakes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing the idea there would be some apprehensions from segment but i am up for it.free twitter followers

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude commited a murder and dumb niggas like free cmurder wtf ever man his dumb ass put him where hes at. Buy Instagram Followers

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is interesting! I enjoyed reading your great post.Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have shared here. Cheap Youtube Views

    ReplyDelete