Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Have You Ever..........Be Honest

So now be honest we all have done it. We have all told someone that something the made was good when we really didn't think it was. I think that we have all felt bad or just didn't think that we could really tell the person the truth. Because the last thing that you want to do when someone has spent hours making something is tell them THIS SUCKS. 

But I do have to admit that every time I bake something I wonder if that is what people are doing. I think that they are always just trying to be nice and use don't want to hurt my feelings but honestly I just want their honest opinion on what they think. I know that this may sound strange to some people but I truly believe in negative feedback. Because how else are you supposed to improve if you never get any negative feedback. That being said I also believe that there is always room for improvement. But when I bake something and I have someone try I am always looking for there honest opinion on what they think but I almost always doubt what they say because I think that they are just trying to be nice because they know that I am a baker and don't want to hurt my feelings but the honest truth is that I want to know what they truly think. What they don't like. What they would like to be better. Because I do this because I enjoy making things for people and I enjoy that sometimes it seems to lift peoples spirits. So I really do this more for others and for myself and if people don't like things that I make then why am I wasting my time making these things? And more importantly why am I making people suffer through having to try all the different things that I make?

So next time you try something that someone has made I challenge you to be honest. Now I am not saying that I will for sure go over well but you never know the person might go back into their kitchen and make something spectacular and it was all due to your honesty.


1 comment: